Senior Backend Software Engineer at W2O Group
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Ideal applicants will have experience delivering external and Internal software, have experience with maintaining legacy systems, migrating to new engineering solutions and developing data science tools in a PHP/Lamp Stack environment. Additionally, experience with microservices oriented architecture with applications deployed on AWS is desired. We also utilize open source libraries PHP Di and Monolog (among others). This senior position will play a defining role in building and maintaining the tools that empower W2O’s team of analysts and data scientists to deliver industry-defining work to some of the biggest brands in the world.
Our engineering team uses PHP, NodeJS, and Python to deliver AOS, W2O’s cloud-native internal data platform, and its ecosystem of tools to internal users. This position is a unique opportunity to build and shape the software team at an industry-leading firm while learning the in-demand field of analytics and data science from some of the best practitioners in the industry.
- Collaborate with Product and Data Science teams to identify new client-driven use cases
- Influence DevOps and Architecture teams’ software designs to fulfill requirements
- Convert software designs and requirements into actionable tasks
- Experience working in small, hands on teams with the ability to execute tasks to deliver software solutions
- Must be Technologically curious, able to stay abreast of new trends and best practices in technology and put them to work at W2O
- Co-own the software development process – including agile processes, coding standards, code metrics, build standards, and so on – to nurture the growing development team
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business at all levels of the company to drive adoption of new tools and identify new opportunities for products
- Solid grasp of the principles, patterns, and practice of software design
- Conflict-free, egoless attitude towards software development
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Masters’ degree, sw certifications or cloud certifications, specifically AWS certifications, desired
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience using PHP - Strong PHP is the key for this role.
- Experience with open source libraries (i.e.-PHP Di, Monolog, etc.)
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Positive track record delivering cloud-based microservices applications, especially on AWS (experience with ECS desired)
- Experience delivering data-driven applications using REST APIs with Swagger/OpenAPI
- Comfortable working in an agile, CI/CD-based development process
- Previous experience delivering software in the Scrum process
- Previous experience building on Dropwizard stack
- Previous experience creating high-quality tests with libraries like JUnit and Mockito
- Previous experience using persistence technologies like PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, BigQuery, S3, and DynamoDB
- Previous experience development using React
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and a Your 4th Trimester™ program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.