Senior Build Engineer
As a Sr. Build Engineer (DevOps, CI, Infrastructure), you will ensure we have a performant continuous integration and deployment pipeline that gives our Duo Engineers quick feedback and assurance that code is passing all tests and gates in the pipeline hosted in the cloud and on premise.
You will partner with development and the product team to bake in quality at each step of the SDLC. Pipeline creation, Test suite optimization, build optimization etc are things you work on from day to day. You will define, measure and publish metrics to measure product and build quality and help the team improve them. You will understand priorities and risks and help focus our quality build efforts on where they matter the most.
You will work with our Engineers to understand their needs and help develop solutions to make them more efficient engineers in the Duo build ecosystem. You will work with mobile apps, backend Linux services, SAAS products etc, thus growing the breadth and depth of your knowledge. Learn on the job, every single day and become the best Build Engineer you possibly can be!
What you will do:
- Build, extend and ensure we have a performant continuous integration and deployment pipeline that gives our Duo Engineers quick feedback and assurance that code is passing all tests and gates in the pipeline hosted in the cloud and on premise.
- Partner with dev and the product team to bake in quality at each step of the SDLC
- Pipeline creation, Test suite optimization, build optimization
- Define, measure and publish metrics to measure product and build quality and help the team improve them
- Understand priorities and risks and help focus our quality build efforts on where they matter the most
Skills you have:5-7 years of experience with
- Continuous Integration/Delivery like Gitlab (preferred), Circle-ci, Travis, Jenkins, buildbot among others
- Cloud services, supporting APIs and Containers like AWS (preferred), Google Cloud Engine, Azure, Openstack, docker (preferred), rkt, Apache Mesos
- Configuration Automation tools like ansible (preferred), puppet, chef or salt
- Linux, Scripting and strongly typed Languages like python, bash, ruby, go, java, c#, swift
The following additional skills would be nice to have,
- Performance testing SAAS products with tools like jmeter, gatling, locust.io, tsung etc
- Test Automation with Selenium, Python scripting, solid Linux skills, Mobile QA skills like Appium, services like BrowserStack and SauceLabs.
Why you should apply:
- You are comfortable with the rapid pace of a start-up in growth mode and the change that can occur quickly
- You are not afraid to learn from mistakes and share them with the team
- You approach conflict in a constructive manner and help to identify root causes of problems, offer corrective actions, and participate in the solutions
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.