Senior Chatbot Engineer
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands. By 2025, 85% of all customer interactions will not require a human response. With this in mind, HomeAway and Expedia are on a journey to redefine conversational interfaces for the entire Travel industry.
We are looking for an experienced (Senior, Staff or Principal) Conversational UI Engineer who can help us define, design and build AI powered Chatbots that automatically facilitate a host of different actions and interactions between millions of travelers and our vacation rental owners globally, in any language.
Experience you bring to the table:
- You have 10+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications and services with state of the art technologies, embracing REST and service-oriented architecture.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience building chatbot solutions in high scale production environments, producing seamless and high-quality interactions.
- You are expert in some of the key AI/Chatbot platforms, such as Microsoft Bot Framework and Azur Cognitive Services, Amazon Lex, IBM Watson, Wit.ai, DialogFlow/Api.ai, etc.
- You successfully deployed chatbots on common messaging and chat services like Facebook Messenger, WeChat, WhatsApp, Skype, Line, etc.
- You have a strong understanding of the NLP space (natural language understanding, sentiment analysis, personality insight...), and you have leveraged several existing services and libraries (integration, configuration, training, continuous learning).
- You are well versed to voiced based processing (text to speech, speech to text) and you already delivered several voice apps built on top of the Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
- Ideally, you are familiar with Machine and Deep Learning algorithms and platforms.
Technologies we use:
- Java 8, Linux, Jetty, Dropwizard, .NET Core, NodeJS, GraphQL, AWS, Docker, SQLServer, Mongo, Kafka
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.