Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Our team manages a large growing cloud based infrastructure, providing automated monitoring, governance and oversight for our cloud environments. We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to help build and improve our internal tools, which enforce company standards, report on utilization, handle incidents, and analyze cloud event data.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Building a suite of tools to monitor and govern AWS cloud resources.
- Developing automated self-service cloud solutions for application teams.
- Automation and integration of cloud infrastructure systems.
- Working with development teams to ensure high availability and cost effective solutions.
- Automating Security controls to ensure the best security practices are followed and enforced.
- Proficiency in at least one dynamic development languages and frameworks (Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js).
- Expert in managing AWS services (EC2, Cloudtrail, IAM, Config, cloud watch, S3, Lambda) via CLI and API within a multi account production environment.
- Experience with cloud architecture and technology governance.
- Hands on experience with Jenkins, Docker, Terraform.
- Ability to simplify and solve complex problems.
- Skilled at collaboration with multiple engineering teams.
Experience and Qualification:
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- 2+ years public cloud experience
- 5+ years dev or ops experience
- AWS Solutions Architect or Sysops certifications desired but not required
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.