Senior Cloud Ops Engineer
Customers expect to be immediately recognized while receiving personalized service delivered consistently across interactions and channels. Unfortunately, companies are struggling to keep up with these expectations. Tenfold provides the connective tissue between a company's communication platforms and customer data, empowering sales and service teams with a 360-degree view of a customer at the moment of interaction, capturing 100% of customer conversations and automating repetitive and time-consuming steps across disparate systems.
Backed by Andreessen-Horowitz, Salesforce Ventures and NextCoast, Tenfold transforms customer engagement for more than 600 customers in over 50 countries including several F100 companies.
At Tenfold, we are changing the way that companies recognize and respond to their customers at the moment of interaction, helping them have better customer conversations. In the past, you would contact a company through their customer service line and quickly become frustrated having to provide your account number or basic information over and over again, waiting on hold through long periods of silence while the rep looks up basic information. It’s an everyday stressor that’s outdated and unnecessary and it is also why we started Tenfold.
Tenfold enables companies to better engage with customers and improve their customer experience by automatically syncing the data between their existing CRM system and telephone system. Customer-facing agents will have added insightful context to the person they’re speaking with, allowing them to have more personal and productive conversations.
Tenfold is used primarily by sales and customer support teams to ultimately serve their existing and future customers better by having more meaningful conversations leading to happier customers. Sales members can personalize their conversations to convert more. Customer support agents can serve more customers in a more efficient manner.
Senior Cloud Ops Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned Cloud Ops engineer to build and manage our Cloud Operations infrastructure. The right candidate must have experience with managing SaaS software in cloud platforms such as GCP and AWS. Ideally, this will be a player/coach who is comfortable in a hands-on role with emphasis on deployment processes, monitoring, security / compliance, and incident management; but can also manage a small team of junior Cloud Ops professionals
- Build software that improves the reliability, performance, and efficiency of Tenfold high-throughput, large-scale SaaS platform.
- Collaborate with the whole engineering team on projects as the expert on reliability, performance, and efficiency.
- Automate away the process of handling capacity, safely deploying software, and mitigating failures.
- Create processes and architecture to monitor and maintain Tenfold systems to pre-empt problems before they ever threaten our customers’ workflows or data.
- Troubleshoot and mitigate the infrastructure problems in our most important systems. Advise the team during post-mortems on effectively avoiding repeated incidents.
- Manage security and compliance requirements through our entire technology stack.
Outcome: Change the current architecture designed to be able to scale without increasing the complexity to manage the services. Outcome Measures
- Responsible for maintaining and operating highly available distributed systems at scale which include deployments of Kafka and containerized micro-services across multiple regions achieving 99.99% uptime.
- Automate all systems including provisioning, configuration, monitoring/alerting, deployments.
- Deploy auto-healing and auto-scaling capabilities, working with engineering to make this happen.
- Addressing fundamental tasks to include failure avoidance, security, patching, CVEs, ...
- Continuously test resilience, auto-scaling and security. Set up chaos monkey testing without causing any system interactions.
- Help develop and implement our continuous deployment strategy and process.
- Create and manage our incident response processes
- Responsible for meeting the KPI’s for the SRE team.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services or Google Compute Platform.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Strong development/scripting skills using Bash, Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Broad understanding of the OS and of networking protocols with demonstrated ability to apply this understanding to solve real problems.
- Experience working with HashiCorp tools like Terraform, Vault, Consul.
- Experience building and managing big data infrastructure services.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
The Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options (become an owner in the company)
- Incentive compensation based on successful attainment of measured goals
- Employee medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Generous vacation time
- Rapidly growing organization poised for growth and career development
- A beautiful office space with lots of natural lighting
- Exciting customer base and quality opportunities for advancement
- Austin Hottest Startups Watch list
- Austin A-List best businesses in Growth phase