We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, technically accomplished sales engineer (or practitioner equivalent) in cloud security. A perfect candidate has extensive experience working with cloud infrastructure and understands industry trends and future state through the lens of security. This role will help lead the go to customer technical selling motion of Rapid7’s CSPM solution, InsightCloudSec. The InsightCloudSec software appliance mitigates risk by providing virtual guardrails and automated remediation for security, compliance and governance to customers embracing the dynamic, self-service nature of public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and container infrastructure.
- Partner closely with the sales team as a technical advisor and advocate for the InsightCloudSec platform
- Enable other solution architects on Cloud Security best practices and CSPM
- Build deep expertise in the InsightCloudSec and public cloud platforms, and apply this knowledge to solve customer challenges and demonstrations
- Participate in pipeline, and quarterly business reviews.
- Win the trust of customers by demonstrating technical and business acumen and empathizing with their business challenges.
- Act as a trusted advisor and advocate for our customers.
- Master how to sell InsightCloudSec from high-level introductions to technical deep dives.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our sales team to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of POCs and pilots.
- Help customers customize or extend InsightCloudSec solutions during POC or pilot phases.
- Present to prospects, customers, and partners at trade shows, conferences, and webinars.Participate in value-added activities including community involvement (meetups), case studies, and reference calls.
- Work with customers and sales team stakeholders to design and align solutions to customer use cases, integration challenges, data reporting and more.
- 6+ years experience managing or securing cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS, Azure, or GCP
- BA or BS degree, comparable work experience, or industry accepted cloud certifications
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30%.
- Experience in technical selling or internal tool evaluation processes
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures, DevOps, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of the challenges related to security, compliance, and governance for cloud and container infrastructure.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain it in a simple and easy way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectually curious, great problem-solving skills.A very collaborative disposition, and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in contexts varying from pre-sales to post-sales, customer support and more.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Software development experience in languages such as Python, RESTful web services or scripting
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, or RedHat) a plus.
Read Full Job Description