We're a lean and fast-moving Techstars startup (Chicago '17) founded by a team of strong engineers and experts in machine learning, with a vision to empower everyone to maximize their productivity. Our goal is to immerse distributed teams into a VR workplace so that they can have full access to their office and team from anywhere. This is by no means an easy problem to solve, but with the world's best team, we're excited to revolutionize the future of work!
At Immersed, the product is at our core and drives our business. Engineering and Design own the product, and work together synergistically to deliver complex software elegantly.
We’re always looking for self-motivated developers who understand that great engineering is more than how a product solves complex computations.
We believe great engineering helps people solve their problems, accomplish their goals, and brings delight to their everyday lives.
If you believe the same, we should talk!
We're looking for someone who:
• loves working on and thinking about consumer-facing experiences
• wants to understand the desired outcomes, and be given the autonomy to figure out the right path, rather than implementing predetermined specs
• has a collaborative mindset, recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
• is extremely proactive, resourceful, and constantly learning
• is hungry to produce excellent work ('good' is the enemy of 'great')
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, not a cold office.
• Excellent software engineering fundamentals (ie., OO Design Principles)
• Proficiency with operating system-level programming to deploy prototyped deep learning algorithms in edge devices (C/C++/C#)
• Experience in model optimization tools such as ONNX runtime, OpenVINO, and TensorRT
• Deep familiarity with 2D deep learning-based computer vision techniques (Pose Estimation, Object Detection, Semantic Segmentation, Tracking, etc.)
• Experience with 3D computer vision algorithms, such as object detection, pose estimation, multiview reconstruction, and alignment
• Experience with designing and implementing scalable training pipelines in PyTorch, Tensorflow, or Keras
• Ability to effectively communicate and support chosen approaches and decisions
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results with multiple stakeholders
• Exceptional team player with demonstrated competencies working cross-functionally to deliver results
• Good written and communication skills (English)
• Experience with startups that have gone through Techstars, Y Combinator, or similar accelerator programs
• Working knowledge of Model and optimization-based reconstruction of articulated motion (Forward Kinematics, Inverse Kinematics, Optimization techniques, etc.)
• Experience with data noise removal, data augmentation, and dataset construction
• Experience with scaling to a large customer base
• Experience working on enterprise engagements
• Salary: $75k - $120k
• Equity: $100k - $175k (at current valuation, which grows over time)
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
• A link to work you’ve done
• A link to your Github profile, if you use it
NOTE: We do not work with freelancers, external recruiters, agencies, or development shops.