Senior Consulting Engineer
MongoDB is expanding our global team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for worldwide growth!
MongoDB Professional Services works with customers of all shapes and sizes in all verticals, from tier-1 banks to small web startups, on a variety of interesting use cases from e-commerce platforms to trading systems to social media applications. Solve interesting problems, gain incredible cross-stack experience, work with the best and brightest people in the business, network with industry leaders, and see new places - all in a day’s work!
MongoDB consulting exists to support the development of our customers’ vision, accelerate customers’ time to value, and drive a multitude of customer adoption scenarios - from building new solutions to modernizing legacy applications or migrating to cloud. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Be one of the recognized experts in this rapidly growing field in a high-growth software company successfully challenging the status quo of the database industry. You will have abundant opportunity to meaningfully impact the growth of our business in your region.
We’re looking for a highly technical individual, with strong problem-solving and communication skills, and comfortable working closely with customers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic skills, and problem-solving skills
- High motivation for a role that combines deep technical and customer-management dimensions
- Confidence speaking and presenting in a collaborative customer setting
- 2+ years of software development/consulting/support experience, preferably in a number of distinct industries/verticals
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Linux diagnostics and tuning; Windows tuning knowledge is a plus
- Should be capable and comfortable with frequent travel for short trips to customer site during the working week
- Should have strong capability with, minimally, both English and any local language - as necessary
As a core member of the MongoDB Professional Services team, you will:
- Contribute to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: portfolio assessment, application planning and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption
- Deliver customer classroom-based training to architect, developer and operations roles
- Work as part of a wider delivery team comprising fellow consulting engineers, project managers and account teams
- Cultivate your individual MongoDB reputation as a trusted advisor to guide MongoDB and our customers into the future
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to influence the direction of the MongoDB product roadmap
As a Consulting Engineer you will be successful in this role when you can execute the following:
- Become a field expert in “everything MongoDB”
- Communicate complex technical proposals simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Gain reputation as a trusted advisor with your clients, large and small
- Ensure your client’s success with their MongoDB endeavors
- Maintain required level of billable utilization
- Influence MongoDB product development by contributing experience from the field
- Successfully communicate the product roadmap to external clients
- Constantly work on improving yourself, our products and our team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*