The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
As a Senior Curriculum Engineer, you'll work with a team of creative educators and software engineers dedicated to building the future of online technical education, developing courses for MongoDB University. Your work will directly impact the learning experience of hundreds of thousands of developers around the world, helping them become experts in the field by building their skills on the fastest growing modern database. You will contribute to our mission to free the genius within everyone by making data stunningly easy to work with. See what kind of impact you can make…on MongoDB and on the world.What You’ll Do
You’ll work closely with a team of curriculum engineers, curriculum designers, and in-house subject-matter experts to build course materials ranging from labs to lessons, ensuring these MongoDB learning resources are relevant, interactive, and reflect the challenges developers encounter in the real world. On any given day, you might be researching the latest features in MongoDB for an upcoming course, writing a tutorial, or recording video for the lecture portion of a lesson.Your core responsibilities and duties will include the following
- Develop course materials that enable students to get hands-on practice in topics related to MongoDB
- Collaborate with in-house subject-matter experts, curriculum designers, video producers, and product and marketing managers to develop a course from discovery to launch
- Represent MongoDB at public events such as webinars and conferences, including our annual MongoDB.live
- Continually expand your domain knowledge of MongoDB, software development, and learning sciences
You’re a good fit for this role if you’re a software developer who enjoys teaching others or an educator making a transition into software development. You’re equally comfortable writing code as you are writing lessons and video scripts. You do not need a degree in computer science or education, but you will need to demonstrate an ability to translate technical concepts into plain language.You’ll be successful in this role if your qualifications and skills match the following
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills for production of course materials as well as working on an international, remote team
- Working knowledge of databases with an emphasis on MongoDB, naturally
- Proficiency in at least one contemporary programming language (Python, Node.js, Java, etc.) and Git
- Experience teaching in formal or informal learning environments, and/or creating learning resources, whether personally or professionally
This role can be based out of our New York office or remotely in the North America region.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.