Senior Cyber Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is seeking a full-time professional services engineer to facilitate installation, configuration, integration and training of our commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber products. This individual must be highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be a quick learner. The successful candidate will be offered specialized training to support our technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or green card status holder.
- Provide engineering, installation, configuration, integration and training of Forcepoint cyber products
- Provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site support to customers including version upgrades.
- Prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide technical briefings to customer leadership and Forcepoint corporate leadership as required
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum of bachelors in engineering, computer science, math, or equivalent with 8 years of technical work experience in cyber security,
- Must possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills,
- Intermediate to advanced networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, etc.),
- Intermediate to advanced Linux/Unix administration knowledge,
- Fundamentals of programming logic (e.g. scripting),
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients,
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture,
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers,
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors,
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives,
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security
- MS Computer Science, Information Technology (preferred)
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) (Citrix, VMware, RDP) desired