Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.Sell Statement:
Are you passionate about helping developers be successful? We are searching for an experienced Developer Advocate to join our newly formed Developer Relations team and help build a community of developers focused on delivering world class digital experiences to their customers. Bring your experience to help establish what Developer Advocacy means to WP Engine.What's cool about this job.
Our platform hosts >600k websites and servers >5 billion web requests per day. Most of this traffic is served by WordPress, but our customers are transitioning to modern web stacks like React and Node with WordPress as the data source. The Developer Relations team is focused on developing best practices, tutorials, software, and content that creates a clear path for building best-of-breed digital experiences on WordPress.
Our culture is renowned; we believe it is meaningful to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are intelligent, great at solving problems, a hard worker, and an excellent teammate, you may be the engineer that we are looking for!The day to day.
- Create developer content in the form of blog posts, tutorials, guides, starter projects, etc.
- Design, write, test, and maintain open-source software.
- Write clean, maintainable code.
- Be the voice of the customer; work with product and engineering teams to influence the product roadmap.
- Research new technologies and incorporate them into our content and strategy.
- Be an outstanding teammate to the other members of your team.
- 5+ years of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and scalable software applications
- Experience with Node.js, WordPress, and React
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Natural problem-solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to take on the challenge of big problems
- You are passionate about working alongside customers to determine solution best fits their needs
- 2+ years experience in a developer relations role responsible for producing content (i.e. documentation, tutorials, best practices, etc.)
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.