Senior Developer Advocate at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Atlas is our Cloud Database as a Service offering and fastest growing product.
You will be a part of a team of developer advocates who are all focused on research, writing and publishing technical content relevant to MongoDB Atlas. You will code sample applications, write technical to produce content (whether it's videos, blog posts, podcasts, etc.) that is meaningful and helps developers learn.
This team is part of a Global Developer Relations team, spread across Dublin, New York, Austin Texas and San Francisco. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the developer relations team work remotely.
- You have a computer science degree, prior software engineering or strong technical work experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience writing technical content.
- Knowledge of at least two major programming languages - e.g. Ruby, C#, Java, PHP, Go, Rust or Node
- You are an expert teacher with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple understandable manner.
- You are a great learner and love to keep learning.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. Have excellent technical writing skills, as well as the ability to present on-camera.
- Strong databases skills (SQL or NoSQL)
- You should be comfortable working with cloud services like AWS, Azure and GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
You will be asked to deliver a technical presentation as part of the interview process.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.