As a Senior Developer Support Engineer, you will be working with the biggest names in the gaming industry to drive success with Unity’s customers from our groundbreaking Cloud product suite. You will be part of a global team of Senior DSEs and perform as a key point of escalation for front-line Developer Support and as a resource for our Solution Architect team.
In this role, you will tackle technically complex problems for our customers. Using your sophisticated knowledge of cloud/hosting solutions and/or back-end game systems, you will affect the success or failure of some of the biggest titles hitting the market today. Whether directly solving issues hands-on, providing detailed proactive consultations and testing for customers, or leading technical conversations with key partners around the business to drive swift resolutions, you will make a positive impact on our customer’s success.What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for receiving, troubleshooting, responding to, and resolving escalated technically complex issues for our customers and internal teams
- Act as a primary technical resource and support for our Solutions Architect team, supporting with tasks such as customer testing and review preparations
- Translate technical challenges into articulated problem statements for other internal teams to rally around the user
- Lead key internal projects to support the growth and scale of the team, managing multiple initiatives
- Responsible for internal technical audits and logging, as well as drafting key pieces of documentation for our Technical Writing team to publish both internally and externally
- Unity and C# experience (.net, .net core, visual studio, rider)
- Considerable hands-on, technical experience with hosting/IaaS/cloud products and services in a senior customer-facing technical support capacity
- Considerable experience with Linux and Windows server administration (including SSH/remote desktop/networking tracing tools etc.), experience writing technical scripts for automation and issue resolution purposes and proven experience with Unity editor
- Able to travel domestically and internationally occasionally where required, with the ability to work on-call as needed
- Strong capabilities in leading multiple complex technical projects simultaneously with testing and timely deadlines
- Knowledge of internet networking. How traffic flows around the internet and how to trace / debug network problems
- Knowledge of Multiplayer game systems, including all the steps that a game client might take to be able to play online with other players (edited)
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Experience coding in Golang and technical understanding of complex database structures
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for crafting and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to build, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to encouraging an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.