Senior Development Manager
Why YOU want this position
At Drillinginfo, our mission is to provide better, faster decision making support to the oil and gas industry through our data intelligence and analytics products. We are building an agile development culture that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager with a passion for quality improvement, experience in automation, and the ability to lead and be hands-on in designing and implementing test strategies.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Senior Development Manager to join our Technology team in Austin. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Drillinginfo is the right company at the right time.
- Directly manage multiple teams including full-time-employees and contractors to build and support our SaaS applications
- Ensure that engineering teams have access to the skills, tools, processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time software that meets our customers' expectations
- Recruit, on-board, mentor, and grow software engineers
- Contribute to design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Be a strong technical leader and an independent, critical, and analytic thinker
- Regularly participate in strategic planning discussions to provide insightful ideas on process improvements and scaling-related challenges
- Provide guidance to teams and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the performance, efficiency and scalability of services and systems to help scale the company.
- Manage objectives, priorities, trade offs, risk for your teams
- Advocate for the right outcomes with data, conviction, and diplomacy
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Foster engineering excellence and a collaborative culture
Competitive Candidate Profile
- 4+ years of experience directly managing software teams delivering SaaS products
- Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications and can prioritize on the fly.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum and with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services
- Strong ability to breakdown large complex problems into small, simpler ones to solve technical and business challenges
- Experience in building highly availabile, scalable, secure, and resilient systems
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to influence others.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel
- Proven track record of hiring and managing diverse, deeply talented & high performing engineering teams
- Very strong communication, leadership, and people management skills are mandatory
- In-depth knowledge and expertise with software development strategies/methodologies, software tools, and release coordination and planning for bringing commercial products to market
- Comfortable with the rapid pace of a start-up in growth mode and the change that can occur quickly
- Not afraid to learn from mistakes and share them with the team
- Take full ownership of your work and take responsibility every step of the way.
- Critical thinking, ability to challenge others and drive productivity, while maintaining strong business relationships
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies