Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer at Realtor.com
Realtor.com®, a leading online destination for real estate services, has acquired Avail. This role will align with the Avail team, the newest addition to the realtor.com® network. Avail offers a software platform with a complete set of tools, guidance, and best in class educational content providing landlords with everything they need to be confident and professional.
Join our growing DevOps team as a Cloud Engineer, where you'll work within our suite of AWS products to develop, maintain, and support our growing infrastructure and applications development. You will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase the efficiency, reliability while maintaining the security posture of our services and operations. You will work closely with agile teams and technical leadership to help deliver the best solutions for our customers. You will allow our engineers to develop and deploy solutions faster with less friction, thus throttling up our development velocity and speed to market. You will democratize data and open up insights for our entire organization. You will bring best practices and procedures to our growing SaaS platform.
What will you do?
- Develop robust and secure infrastructure for a growing startup
- Optimize our backend solutions for speed, reliability, and scalability
- Own CI/CD pipelines and maintain them to automate the deployments.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Create and maintain a smart production monitoring, triage issues, and respond to alerts
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Plan and implement improvements to system reliability and maintainability
- Deploy and maintain a multi-AZ, multi-Region AWS hosted environments
- Build, test, and maintain our disaster recovery environments
- Monitor, identify, and solve performance and reliability issues with EC2, RDS, etc
- Create and maintain system design and operation documentation
- Be a steward of our product and design ethos, company values, and legal/compliance/security requirements
- Interface with a globally distributed team
- Collaborate with a small team to implement new ideas
What will you bring?
- AWS SysOps or Developer Associate certification
- 7+ years of overall professional tech related experience
- 4+ years of cloud systems engineering experience
- Experience with automating continuous integration and deployment systems
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
- Experience monitoring a production application's health through services like CloudWatch, NewRelic, or other similar tools
- Experience setting up disaster recovery strategy with real time replication and backup on production environment
- Advanced scripting and coding skills in a modern language
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience in operations and/or development roles that include 24/7 on-call support roles
- Experience building and supporting multi-tier production applications running at AWS or another cloud provider, using best practices to scaling applications based on performance, reliability, and cost
- Deep understanding of AWS's cost model for components and optimization strategy
- Experience working with tools in the developer ecosystem (git, CircleCI, etc)
- Experience working through the SDLC, promoting applications from development all the way to production
- Scaled SaaS applications in the cloud
- Well versed in the software deployment process
- Technical expert who is driven to learn
- Passionate about application reliability and automating everything
- Organized and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter with proven ability to operate with ambiguity or lack of supervision
- Ability to work in collaborative environments, across multiple teams
Nice to Haves:
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math/Physics, Software Engineering), or equivalent professional experience
- Experience setting up and managing Postgres cluster
This is a full-time position that we prefer to be based in any one of NewsCorp's office locations (Chicago, NY, Santa Clara, LA, Austin, etc). Fully remote/virtual will be considered for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.