Senior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Space Ship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You'll Do
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will provide hands-on, technical leadership in creating and maintaining the corporate computing infrastructure, product systems engineering, and complex, critical customer technological deliverables. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following areas:
- Platform Engineering: Technical leadership related to development and QA deliverables around the ongoing maintenance of the product platform that enables the deployment of our enterprise application and its features.
- Information Security: Key stakeholder on the Information Security team, maintaining a pro-active security stance for both corporate and product technology.
- Technical Services: Technical leadership related to complex technical deliverables of new customer implementations as well as complex migrations and expansions of customer deployments.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director of Software Development to ensure bugs found in the field are reproduced, documented, and receive appropriate visibility and resolution
- Coordinate with the PMO to ensure customer projects and services are delivered in a timely and correct manner and requirements are well understood
- Work with Product Development to ensure new and existing features are well supported and fully functional in our product platform
- Work as a key member of the Information Security team to maintain security awareness and baselines in both customer and corporate systems as well as prioritizing needed security actions
- Work with the Product Development and Technical Operation teams to automate workflows and enhance our team's scalability and performance.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years experience in a role systems engineering, systems administration or software development role with distributed heterogeneous systems.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with a fundamental drive for learning and self-improvement
- Systematic troubleshooting methodologies
- Keen understanding of systems engineering and software development processes and methodologies
- Excellent customer service skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Concrete understanding of software architecture models such as n-tier applications
- Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows administration
- Advanced familiarity with information security best practices
- Concrete competency with SQL and in particular PostgreSQL
- Well organized with above average time management and prioritization skills
- Linux systems programming (bash, Go and/or Python)
- Advanced knowledge of computing principles including new virtualization and clustering technologies
- Advanced knowledge networking principles including TCP/IP protocol and services as well as standard and next-gen firewalling
- Experience with complex cloud infrastructures like Openstack, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge and competency with orchestration and automation frameworks like Ansible and Openstack Heat
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.