Senior DevOps Engineer
About the role:
As a Software Engineer focused on Site Reliability within Infrastructure Engineering and Cloud Operations, you will contribute to the development of our solution delivery platforms supporting our web-based applications on the latest cloud technologies within a DevOps culture. We are looking for developers who are passionate about getting things done and engineering with excellence. You will have the opportunity to work on software solutions within our organization that will have a huge impact on our industry and our clients. You will utilize automation technologies and private/public cloud technologies to provide world-class solutions that serve the non-profit industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive technical design and validation, while ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Build automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices.
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies; pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Develop architectural designs for applications building something to delight clients while managing costs to deliver these applications.
- Maintaining the overall health, stability, and security of supported systems and environments with current standards
- Partnering across the business to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and deliver stable solutions
- Collaborating through the life-cycle of planning, testing and documenting changes
- Drive incident response with initial focus on restoration of service, followed by a drive to ensure the root cause of problems are identified and resolved permanently.
What we'll want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data structures, algorithms, systems & methods of design
- Experience creating scripts or automation, such as Perl, PowerShell, Python, TCL/TK, Ruby or similar for cloud orchestration required
- Experience building high performance, scalable, robust, 24x7 environments and/or applications a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in the implementation of cloud technologies and an understanding of SAAS, PAAS, and IAAS models preferred (Microsoft Azure)
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed to provide tactical response for production impacting incidents or key customer events