Senior DevOps Engineer at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. is a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
We are looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who bring their best to solve challenges, share unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
We're a growing team of engineers working with our customers in focus. Your team will be passionate about delivering solutions that empower people with tools to improve their financial wellbeing. We create first-class, secure, cloud-native, and cost-effective services together to bring value to our customers. Succeeding in our mission together requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
You will use your mix of development and operational skills to build, operate, and evolve the CI/CD platform and cloud environments of a growing FinTech with public facing web and mobile applications. This role contributes on team with broad impact to the overall software delivery performance, developer experience, and infrastructure. We integrate our pipelines with best-in-class testing and security services. We deploy AMI and Container based applications to AWS.
- 5+ years Software Engineering or DevOps
- 4+ years of Software Development Life Cycle Automation
- 3+ years delivery to production of Web or Mobile apps to AWS
- Docker based developer experience
- Experience with container-based software delivery (ECS, EKS, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and sharing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) (Terraform, Packer, Bash, Python or Go)
- Experience with AWS Compute and Network Resources using maintainable infrastructure as code (Accounts, VPCs, Load Balancers, API Gateways, S3, RDS, Lambda, IAM)
- Must have experience with end-to-end software pipeline automation tooling. (GitLab, Jenkins Pipelines or Similar)
- Proven ability to regularly demonstrate work with the team.
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. There is also one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score because of a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with creative technology solutions and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, because balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.