Senior DevOps Engineer at Fivestars
Austin TX or San Francisco CA
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications that impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role, you will be building and delivering highly scalable and reliable systems that drive the experience of thousands of local businesses and millions of consumers.
Who you are:
You are an experienced, infrastructure engineer who has built large, scalable systems that handle millions of daily requests and have applied that knowledge in a cloud environment. You can design, develop, and stand up new services based on product needs. You have experience transitioning from monolithic architectures to microservices. You are determined to provide reliable and fault-tolerant systems to the application developers that consume them and do so through automation captured in code.Responsibilities:
- You will act as chief advocate for DevOps practices and process improvement
- You’ll lead the production monitoring, build, and deployment functions at Fivestars
- You will work on the platform upon which all our web products and mobile APIs are built
- You’ll actively identify site scaling issues and help redesign systems to address them
- You’ll maintain a high level of quality in our infrastructure systems through sound development practices including code reviews, monitoring and alerting systems, automated testing, and architecture reviews.
- Strong previous experience focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering
- 5+ years experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems
- Experience in managing production Kubernetes infrastructure with exposure to the use of cloud vendor Kubernetes solutions such as EKS, AKS, and GKE
- Extensive experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Python, Bash) with configuration management tools (Ansible), service registry and discovery tools, and infrastructure orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience automating public cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog), log aggregation systems (ELK, Loggly), and their agents
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CICD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab, Drone) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as Flux, Argo, or Spinnaker
- Be a strong team player. We work in small, tightly knit product teams that function cohesively to move as quickly as possible
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 30 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at 12,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. In 2017, Fivestars drove $2 billion in local commerce across its network. We’ve raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator and invite you to join us in creating a Love Local movement across the US and Canada. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information.
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.