Are you a zealot for engineering, velocity, and software in an organization?
Are you fanatical about great customer experiences? Do you love building tools and infrastructure that allows developers to work fast, and feel confident about what they release?
Join us as Senior DevOps Engineer in the Austin office, and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
If you have the right stuff to join us, you'll join passionate professionals who are disrupting a $1 Trillion industry, in a dynamic, rapidly growing, and professionally challenging environment. The role demands passion and zeal for the Engineering craft, great technical depth, empathy for users who may be nothing like you, and a stubborn ability to look at how everyone else is approaching a problem and not conforming.
Why It’s Exciting
This is an exciting opportunity to:
- Build and shape highly impactful software that makes a real difference in good people's lives;
- Work in the globally massive construction technology sector that is red-hot with investor interest;
- Build a category around the impactful problem of construction payment;
- Work with a thoughtful and inspiring team who are working together on the meaningful cause of empowering people in the construction industry to always get what they earn.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers, software testing engineers, product/project managers, to deploy and operate our systems. Your role will also include helping automate and streamline our operations and processes. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, implement and maintain our CI/CD pipelines for various customer-facing and internal systems.
- Automate provisioning of production, testing, and staging environments provisioning and setup.
- Maintain the uptime and availability of production systems.
- Design, implement and maintain monitoring strategies and tools for our important metrics.
- Design, implement and maintain backup/restore strategies and tools.
- Capacity planning.
- Technical tasks prioritization
- Production troubleshooting, support and problems' root cause analysis
What You Bring
- 5-10 years of DevOps/Development experience
- Strong background in Linux administration.
- Strong bash/shell scripting knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of the full web stack.
- A working understanding of code and scripts in PHP and Python.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code solutions, e.g. Terraform.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. Experience with AWS Cloud is a must.
- Strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes (AWS EKS) & Helm is a must.
- Strong experience with RDBMS, especially MySQL.
- NoSQL, Graph, Key/value data storage knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in full-stack web development is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins and/or Bamboo).
- Experience with message brokers/queues (especially Kafka) is a huge plus.
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: in the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.
Read more about why being on a rocket ship is the best of your career options from Levelset's CEO here.