Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with professional experience designing, building, and maintaining Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) and building CI/CD pipelines for cloud-native applications in AWS. You should have a strong commitment to enabling zero-downtime deployments and be obsessed with monitoring deployed applications - and keeping them up. As an early member of Living Security’s Unify engineering team, your contributions will have a lasting impact on the direction of the Unify product and the future of human risk management for Living Security’s customers.
You will work with (and should already have experience with) a range of technologies including AWS CDK, AWS Lambda, and AWS data engineering technologies such as Athena, Glue Data Catalog, DynamoDB, and Redshift. Your primary objective is to help our engineering team deploy a stable platform more quickly and more often, so you must be comfortable understanding the operational needs of the platform and its users - and ensuring those needs are met with the technology you design and build.
We are a venture funded startup. We often are racing to build features. Sometimes this will mean working long or odd hours. You will be asked to wear many hats and must be open and willing to do so.
You will be a direct contributor to building out our engineering culture, best practices, and tooling, and a direct contributor to the success of the company.
This job is open to 100% remote within the US, but being located in Austin, TX is preferred.Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps Engineering role
- 3+ years experience architecting and operating cloud-native applications in AWS
- 1+ years experience designing and building infrastructure-as-code with AWS CDK (Python) in a production environment
- Strong security mindset, and experience being responsible for the integrity of cloud-native applications and data
- Strong Python programming skills
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience with Docker and AWS Lambda
- Professional AWS Certification(s) strongly preferred
- Experience building applications and infrastructure that utilize AWS data engineering and big data technologies such as Athena, Glue Data Catalog, Glue, DynamoDB, and Redshift.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with agile teams
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related information technology field
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short & long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Adviser
- Home office stipend
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.