Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
The DevOps team is responsible for the tooling and automation underlying the deployment, monitoring, and management of Care.com's services and applications. One core part of Devops responsibility are the CI/CD pipelines supporting the rapid and safe deployment of code into our test and production environments. This role is focused on the operation, improvement, and maintenance of those pipelines and the systems supporting them.
Senior level engineers are expected to spend time training and mentoring other members of the organization, both inside and outside the DevOps team itself. They are also expected to take ownership of the execution and completion of larger projects and the ongoing operation and overall responsibility for critical systems.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Improve and support Care.com’s CI/CD pipelines with a goal to maximize the velocity and safety of deployments.
- Support QA and Engineering in troubleshooting application deployments
- Work with the security engineering and compliance teams to ensure that compliance requirements around deployment processes are understood and met
- Write and maintain documentation around operational and architectural aspects of the Care.com CI/CD processes
- Participate in a 24x7 oncall rotation to provide escalation support around deployment tooling and workflows
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 4+ years experience with CI/CD toolchains and automation (today, we use Jenkins, Harness, Sonarqube, JFrog/Artifactory + X-Ray)
- Strong written communication skills and comfort with chat tools (e.g. Slack) as a primary means of communication
- Experience working with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management tools, receiving and providing code reviews (Ansible, Terraform/Terrascript, and CDK)
- Experience with Kubernetes (EKS) is a plus
- Solid Python and Bash programming skills
- Familiarity with SaaS monitoring, logging, and metrics platforms (Signalfx, Splunk)
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).