Senior DevOps Engineer at Literati
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to ignite a love of learning and a love of life by curating transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is the fastest growing company in Arts + Literature in the United States, and the #5 fastest growing company in Texas. Launching an innovative try-before-you-buy print book club for Kids in 2017, the company expanded in 2020 into hosting print and digital book clubs for the world's top authors, celebrities and brands. Clients include: Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Curry, Malala, Susan Orlean, Jesmyn Ward, Cheryl Strayed, Elin Hilderbrand, Roxane Gay, and Austin Kleon. Lovingly referred to as Austin's "fiction factory" the company curates and fulfills over a million books per quarter.Job Description
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, your focus and love for building and maintaining reliable and scalable systems, CI/CD tooling, and automating cloud-based applications will allow us to continue our growth in a reliable and repeatable fashion. If you are interested in work that will be used by millions of people, then this could be a great opportunity for you to consider!Qualifications
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with the development team to streamline code deployment;
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines);
- Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s Engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security;
- Conducting systems tests for security, performance, and availability;
- Developing and maintaining documentation of the systems you build.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer;
- Experience working in containerized (Docker) environments;
- Expertise in code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, or Chef);
- Documented network, server, and application-status monitoring experience;
- A strong command of software-automation production systems;
- Proficiency in Python (or similar language).
- Working knowledge of databases and postgreSQL;
- Track record of successful delivery in an agile environment;
- Demonstrated experience with common tools such as Git, Clubhouse/Jira, etc.;
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Working with product owners/managers across the company, you’ll participate in sprint grooming, planning, retrospective sessions.
- Working with Engineering, you’ll incorporate your expertise into our overall Engineering craft to achieve efficient delivery of our software products to market.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.