Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
RapidDeploy is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to work alongside our Developer and Engineering team to mature, design and deploy automated infrastructure provisioning mechanisms through modern configuration management processes and procedures. This role will help shape emergency communications by working to build high-availability and secure systems for dispatch and first responders. The Senior DevOps Engineer will report directly to RapidDeploy's DevOps Manager and work closely with a team of exceptional and dedicated DevOps engineers. This senior role is intended for a creative, precise, and motivated individual with a strong background in cloud-native solutions and modern software tooling and processes.
Position can be remote*
What You'll Be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Implementing, improving, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for our cloud services allowing developers to push their changes to code with high confidence.
- Working closely with Engineering Feature teams to provide DevOps support needed in our Azure Cloud environments from Development all the way to Production.
- Building and maintaining reliable infrastructure in Azure utilizing Terraform for our all Infrastructure as Code initiative.
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and management of our microservices environment that runs on Kubernetes.
- Investigating new technologies and tools and recommending the ones that best fit the team and RapidDeploy as an organization.
- Documenting all cloud infrastructure, systems, and processes.
- Forming part of the top tier support team for escalated infrastructure issues.
- Sharing your knowledge and ensuring the security, operability, quality, and scalability of your work.
- Forming part of an after-hours on call rotation to address critical downtime.
What You'll Need to be Successful
- DevOps experience supporting Cloud Only Infrastructure Environments (Azure preferred)
- Docker and Kubernetes experience in a production setting
- Infrastructure as Code expertise utilizing Terraform
- CI/CD pipeline experience.
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience utilizing git as a repository for your infrastructure as code.
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description