Senior Director, Engineering at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Kirkland, WA OR Scottsdale, AZ
What you'll get to do...
GoDaddy's eCommerce platform team is responsible for powering all of GoDaddy's commerce transactions. The functions include catalog management, pricing, discounting, subscriptions management and payments processing We are in the middle of transitioning into a distributed systems/services on AWS and are looking for a technology leader to own and accelerate the transition while delivering to the business outcomes. As a platform team, we have a broad set of stakeholders at all levels and in this role, the individual is expected to partner with senior leadership across the company
This is a remarkable opportunity for a leader looking to influence the organization on a global level, enabling the organization with a dynamic, forward-thinking, and data oriented approach to enabling capabilities to propel the business forward.
Your experience should include...
- Deep understanding of building global platforms with an emphasis on commerce transactional systems
- Track record of successfully building and managing a transaction processing platform team
- Metrics and data-driven to continuously deliver process improvement.
- Excellent people management experience with a proven track record of strong leadership skills, team development, and building effective organizations across global regions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly collaborative with confirmed ability in business partnering and influencing executives, internal customers and management of third-party vendors.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on analysis and resolution of complex technical issues across teams and functional areas.
- Ability to be nimble through constant change and unexpected challenges.
- Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal mentorship.
You might also have...
- 10+ years developing and delivering highly available and scalable transaction processing systems
- BS or MS degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or Software related field
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.