Senior Director of Platform Engineering at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (CST) on Monday, June 7, 2021
ESO is working to transform healthcare and public safety through integrated product experiences that our Engineering teams create, nurture and evolve. As the Senior Director of Platform Engineering, you will lead our platform teams as they work to develop APIs and services that deepen interoperability between our cloud applications, business intelligence solutions and external partners.
ESO’s infrastructure runs primarily in Azure where IaaS, PaaS and Serverless technologies are employed. Containers and orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes are emergent tools within our microservice architectures as well. You should be familiar with modern DevOps pipelines, event-driven architectures and cloud technologies that support scalable, distributed systems.
Technical aptitude is clearly important for this position but above all else, we seek leaders who can truly develop high-performing teams. You are expected to lead from the front, with clear vision, direction and communication skills that enable our engineers to do their best work in an environment where teamwork shines.
This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will be part of our Engineering team based in our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Recruit, hire and retain A+ talent
· Define strategy and technical roadmaps for our API and data platform teams
· Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to identify high-impact technical projects that accelerate the productivity of our R&D delivery teams
· Lead design and architecture sessions for cross-product, “X-as-a-Service” solutions
· Establish onboarding and enablement patterns for teams to leverage platform API and data infrastructure services
· Partner with SRE / DevOps teams to ensure robust automation recipes are established for Infrastructure as Code / continuous delivery pipelines
· Research, recommend and evangelize new technologies and architectural pattens
· Coach, mentor and inspire technical contributors and managers that own cross-product solution delivery
· Get “hands-on” with proof-of-concept and prototyping projects that facilitate decision making around strategic technical investments
Who You Are - the essentials
· Several years of experience building, leading and inspiring high-performing Engineering teams
· A track record of adapting delivery strategies and architectures to increase deployment tempo, reduce cycle times and improve product quality metrics within a SaaS platform
· Strong knowledge of analytics, data engineering and data governance patterns and practices
· Expert in domain-driven design, microservices, enterprise integration patterns and cloud-native architectures for building scalable, maintainable and observable systems
· Experience with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
· Experience with developing internally and externally consumed RESTful APIs
· Familiarity with modern DevOps and release management practices
· Ability to inspire and foster an environment of collaborative, creative problem solving
· Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
Who You Are - the desirables
· Experience in Healthcare / Public Safety sectors
· Experience with Azure / AWS
· Experience with cloud-native technologies for advanced business intelligence/analytics
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description