Senior Director, Software Engineering at realtor.com
realtor.com®, a leading destination used by millions of consumers to discover and create their perfect home. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of the mobile revolution.
Our exciting vision is to transform the real estate industry in supporting people to ‘love where they live’! We offer a startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial stability of a billion-dollar company. You will engage with some of the best and the brightest co workers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard and play hard. We reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a significant contribution to the business and to our customers and consumers, then make the Move!
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated, and self-driven Senior Director, Software Engineering to lead several of our software engineering teams. The charter for this team is crucial to our overall business strategy, and creating a world class consumer experience that will move home shoppers further along their home buying journey, ultimately to accomplish their goal of buying a home.
The Senior Director, Software Engineering is a key technical influencer and contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading solutions. You will be a partner in designing and delivering the best solution for our consumers and customers.
What will you be doing?
- Guide managers and engineering teams to rapidly deliver value to our consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation with high quality
- Build highly scalable experiences and services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize experiences and services using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Collaborate with stakeholders, technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the Move products
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly
- Construct and maintain an environment of integrity, trust, high quality, and continuous improvement
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
What will you bring?
- Minimum 10 years experience in leading software engineering teams in a technology company , and several years of managing other managers
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Strong ability to coach and mentor managers, principal engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Deep understanding of modern web architectures (React, Angular), popular database technologies (Postgres, MySQL), and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on experience with high-level design and familiarity with best practices and design patterns
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-JE1