Senior Engineer (Automation Engineer)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
The CrowdStrike Intelligence team is looking for an Engineer to work on our dedicated engineering team, building processing pipelines, information storage systems and presentation layers in support of our world-class team of analysts and researchers.
The collection, processing, and exploration of information at a large scale is at the core of the Intelligence mission at CrowdStrike. The Intelligence Automation team is responsible for prototyping, building and operating the systems that make up our Intelligence pipeline, and we'd like you to join us!
As a remote employee, you will not have direct access to all of your co-workers for the entire workday, so the ability to work unsupervised, communicate asynchronously, and take the initiative in maintaining lines of communication is important.
- Integrate into the existing Intelligence team and take requirements from Intelligence Analysts and Technical Analysts as internal customers.
- Autonomously develop requirements based on anything from vague mission statements to very detailed technical specifications (such as information gained by Software Reverse Engineering).
- Implement system software components in languages such as Go or Python, making choices about implementations yourself. Trading off rapid development versus scalability and performance will be a question you will often have to ask yourself.
- Produce presentation layers for gathered data or integrate into other existing databases and knowledge bases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline/ﬁeld from an accredited college or university. Equivalent ﬁeld experience considered.
- 4+ years experience preferably with direct experience as a developer.
- Intimate familiarity with Linux and running services on Linux.
- Familiarity with database systems such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, SQL, Cassandra and their tradeoffs. At least 3+ years experience working with such database systems.
- Familiarity with docker and container orchestration systems.
- Ability to communicate technical detail into succinct and fact-based business terminology, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated skill in managing expectations, providing proactive status updates, and delivering high-quality products.
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed and diverse team.
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem (e.g. EC2, S3, VPC, ECS)
- Experience developing Web UIs, e.g. Single-Page-Applications (SPA).
- Experience offering scalable and well-documented HTTP APIs for customers.
- Work experience with malware analysis or general software reverse engineering.
- Experience from Information Security Capture-the-Flag (CTF) competitions or comparable offensive information security experience.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.