We’re on a mission to empower people to make better decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. We’re solving some of the biggest problems troubling the modern consumer experience. Through our unique, data-driven AI platform, we’ve introduced a fresh approach to the way people make important decisions. As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries, starting with home buyers in the real estate industry.
We hope to have an opportunity to meet you, learn about your experience and introduce you to the OJO team.
About OJO Engineering
At OJO Engineering, we highly value a thirst for learning, the ability to collaborate, and passion for our customers. We are excited to tackle hard technical problems. We take our responsibility seriously as we use technology to help our customers make important, sometimes life-changing, buying decisions. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the best engineers in Austin, come join us!
We’re looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Senior Engineering Manager to join our team to help us move our product and engineering teams forward.
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 350 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VCs and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
- Plan and support career development for the members of your team.
- Inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- Ship features that will delight our users.
- Partner with product management and design to help set priorities and plan the roadmap for your team.
- Facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders
- Drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality
- Recruit and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
- Inspire an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
What we need from you
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers
- 5+ years of leading and managing high-performance engineering teams
- Computer Science or other technical degree (or equivalent job experience)
- Experience running teams in an Agile or Scrum environment
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary
- Proven interests in OJO and attention to detail. Please put “Ada Lovelace” in your resume or your cover letter.
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- You have excellent communication skills
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Hip SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.