Senior Enterprise Application Engineer at Q2
The Senior Enterprise Application Engineer will lead the EAE/L3 team in supporting the needs of the business as it relates to the prompt detection, resolution, escalation and reporting of service impacting events and incidents. They will provide analysis and support to ensure that the deployed infrastructure is delivering agreed to services in accordance with required service levels for our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires strong leadership, someone who is a self-starter, can quickly assess priority, have a sense of urgency, engage resources and drive to quick resolution. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to clearly articulate the impact of an incident, and interpret the mitigation or remediation steps to prevent future incidents is essential. The ability to build and maintain strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with Q2’s Support, Development, Implementations, Operational Teams, Executives, and other internal staff and system integrators daily.
- Assign and manage the workload of personnel, as well as escalate resource constraints to management. Contribute, as needed, to team caseload management
- Troubleshoot /resolve customer problems of complex nature such as code defects, product configurations, networking, platform, third party communications, hardware configuration, integration and environment or other issues commonly encountered in systems operation.
- Provide elevated tier 3 support for complex issues.
- Modify software as necessary including, but not limited to; changing scripts, reviewing application logs and making necessary modifications in database tables and tune peripheral applications to resolve the customer’s problem in a production environment. Construction and scheduling of automated processes and creation of custom processing scripts.
- Regularly document and report product/application defects to Development team, and escalate unresolved problems to the appropriate resources
- Serve as an escalation point for other team members to provide 24x7 “on call” support coverage for escalated issues
- “Proactively” seek out, research, and identify potential issues before they become issues.
- Implement improvements to better serve customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Cultivate cross-department communication, collaboration, and synergy
- Obtain higher-level direction when needed from the Development team
- Enable the advancement of others on the team by providing technical guidance and feedback
- May be called on to conduct training for others to facilitate technical development, or to educate the team on technical details, issues, processes, or troubleshooting.
- Ensure customer expectations are met when environments are upgraded, modified or decommissioned.
- Analyze, manage, and resolve all issues in a timely manner. Drive innovative solutions to ensure operational excellence, best in class customer service, and continual process improvement is continually realized.
Provide team leadership and coaching
- Encourage and promote a positive work environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort and collaboration
- Help motivate and inspire team members
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) – behavior consistent with words
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
- Assist when necessary in resolving issues
- Encourage creativity and constant improvement
Communicate team status and task accomplishment
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the plan or schedule
- Keep the manager informed of task accomplishments, issues and status
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve issues or escalation with other teams
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team
- Provide guidance to the team based on management direction
- Celebrate WINS
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 2 years of related support experience and >2 years’ experience leading teams of three or more technical people
- Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, metric driven
- Team building, mentoring and coaching skills
- Work well under pressure and with differing levels of staff / Management
- Exposure to monitoring systems and IT Service Management processes
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively. Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Proficient in data reporting and analysis.
- Flexible and creative and able to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases & basic network configuration - strong understanding of remote tools and networking
- Strong organization, time management and attention to detail
- Understanding of the Q2 architecture and process workflow and/or ability to learn and master employer-specific software
- Complex problem solving - Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Previous knowledge of the banking industry and practices preferred
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player