Senior Front-end Developer
Are you looking for a developer role with a mission-driven startup? Do you have a passion for creating high-quality user experiences? Are you interested in using technology to bring together people and their stories from around the world? We are looking for both Senior and Junior-level Front-end developers with a passion for community to join our team.
You will be responsible for working with our designers and engineers to create compelling user experiences on the web and mobile technologies. We are a small team, so you must be self-motivated and interested in owning feature work from start to finish. We have a strong startup culture which means a lot of personal flexibility, but a strong emphasis on accountability and personal responsibility. We offer highly competitive salaries, benefits, and equity.
Storyhunter is a marketplace and work management platform for journalists, storytellers, and digital content creators. We have a strong international network spanning across more than 190 countries, and a list of clients that includes many of the top news agencies globally. The quality of our client-side experience is vital to our success, since our users tend to be highly visual professionals with high expectations for aesthetics and usability. We are establishing Austin as the location for our permanent development team.
- Create web pages and mobile apps using technologies such as Ember and React Native
- Mentor and collaborate with other developers
- Optimize applications for responsiveness and performance
- Implement mobile and reactive web experiences
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Ensure high quality UI/UX standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Front-end web developer (4+ years)
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Understanding of dynamic web technologies such as Ajax, cookies, CORS
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with professional web development process (design, development and deployment, agile)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- An ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or proven web development experience