Worksmith is a software-enabled marketplace connecting commercial tenants with local service providers for facilities maintenance. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Worksmith has enjoyed terrific growth — doubling revenue year over year for the last two years.
For commercial customers with 1-100 physical locations, Worksmith provides an easy-to-use software platform that streamlines the process of sourcing, scheduling, and paying local vendors. Customers include Tecovas, Hugo Boss, Pizza Port, Joe & The Juice, and Casper.
For local service providers, Worksmith delivers new job opportunities and real revenue. The top earning vendor on the Worksmith platform made $500,000 in 2019.
Overview of Senior Front End Developer
As a senior front end developer at Worksmith, you will be expected to not only contribute to, but take ownership of, our front end technology stack. In a given week, you might be working on a new feature in our React Native mobile app or streamlining our React component library to be used across our web portals, and are expected to contribute thoughtful, business-oriented solutions to the challenges that arise with each.
You'll be owning the architecture, implementation, testing, launch, and support of the features you write. Developers here are expected to be self sufficient and are given the latitude to make autonomous decisions with their code.
The right candidate:
- Can write reusable, maintainable, bullet-proof code
- Is excited to head to the whiteboard to work out a tough problem with your fellow developers
- Can take feedback as well as you can give it
- Can work with our business owners and product team to gather requirements and produce a well thought out project plan
- Is willing to contribute to the automation of our infrastructure, deployment and CI systems
- Displays a self-motivated drive to continuously improve
- Is motivated to not only achieve but exceed expectations
We also look for these qualities:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, Texas
- A four-year college degree
- 2+ years experience with React
- 2+ years building, maintaining, and scaling front end systems
- Ability to work closely with a UX designer to turn prototypes into functional software
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, and general web standards
What we offer:
- A culture of people dedicated to building a fast-growing, highly profitable business
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy