Senior Front End Engineer
Are you a UI developer with a passion for web and mobile development? Are you looking to make a lasting impact with an industry leader? Are you ready to help people go places? As a UI Software Development Engineer on the Vrbo Identity Experience UI team, you will collaborate with some of the best technological minds and use the latest technologies for development, deployment, and monitoring. This position allows you to be involved across the entire development lifecycle from concept to shipping. You will build UI’s for both partners and travelers to drive trust and safety signals within the vacation rental marketplace. You will develop identity management components that will become the core of the Expedia product family ecosystem. We’re organized for speed, so we’re looking for someone who is flexible, adaptable, and accountable.What You’ll Do
- Build reusable component-based web UI architectures with React.js
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web app
- Develop features relying on event-driven data, microservices, and data science programming models
- Utilize operational, user and business metrics to ensure continued operations and A/B test features to improve the user experience
- Develop beautiful & intuitive user interfaces
- Contribute to the architectural design of our front-end platforms/products
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience developing web applications
- Experience in the ecommerce space is a huge plus - An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering a high-quality user experience
- Native app development experience a plus
- Experience with semantic HTML
- Experience building production-level code
- Experience optimizing web pages for performance
- Experience in collaborating with a team on coding standards, design patterns and general standard methodologies
- Experience working in an agile environment, Test Driven Development (TDD) or other development approaches with a focus on high-quality tests
- Good written and verbal communication skills that can clearly articulate technical details
Technologies we use:
Node.js, React.js, GraphQL, Webpack, Jest, Jasmine/Mocha, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Kafka, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Splunk, Datadog. Exposure to backend technologies (Java or Scala, Spring framework)Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.