Senior Front End Engineer
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We're looking for a Senior Front End Engineer (Chicago HQ or Remote)
We are a dynamic team of engineers that iterate on ideas and products for a growing company that is dedicated to building meaningful tech communities. Here, we can provide interesting challenges and puzzles to solve as our technical stack rapidly evolves. You will be able to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that looks to push boundaries.
Front-end engineers work on the--well, you guessed it--the front-facing side of our platform. They own the implementation of our designs, working closely with our product design team. We want to build beautiful designs we can be proud of, and we want you to be the person to do it.Your job
- You will be a critical member of our team, regardless of your level of experience, and we want you to grow with us. We have clearly defined paths of progression, whether you want to design systems, manage engineers, or put your head down and code.
- You have worked with modern frontend techniques and best practices. A small list of examples of those include responsive web design, progressive enhancement, and reader accessibility.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- You love to realize beautiful designs and experiences. You care about cleanliness, micro interactions, and strive to accurately reproduce designs across a range of screen sizes.
- You want to be a part of a team that succeeds as a unit, and you want mentorship from other engineers as much as you want to mentor those engineers yourself.
- You understand that communication and transparency is vital to being part of any functional team.
- Imposter syndrome is real. Even if you don't think you are qualified after reading all this, please apply.
We’d love to have you aboard
The team members we’re looking to hire will work out of our office at 203 N LaSalle located in the beautiful city of Chicago. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, commuter benefits, 401(k) match, casual dress, catered lunch (Monday - Thursday) and cold brew coffee on tap.Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.