Senior Front End Software Engineer - Confluence, Better Together at Atlassian (Remote)
The Confluence team is looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Better Together team. The group delivers the technical solutions that increase the accessibility and usability of Confluence for customers and allow users to more seamlessly store and access information. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence while simultaneously helping achieve some of the enterprise's top goals.
More about our team
You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On the first day, you will be proficient with:
- REACT is a must
- Work directly with product managers, designers and developers
- Build client code that is fast, testable, and high quality.
- Iterate quickly based on user feedback.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Mocha, Chai)
- You're passionate about understanding user problems and working with a team to ship and iterate on great solutions.
- You strive to write code that lasts for years, not months.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Our developers and designers run the show and are very influential in decision making. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We're strongly against artificial separations of responsibility and throwing work "over the wall."
It will be great if you have:
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with large scale single page web applications
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, Scrum)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .