The Confluence Cloud team is looking for a talented Senior Front End Software Engineer (Staff) to join the Confluence Insights group in Mountain View. The group aims to enlighten our users to take informed action by unleashing the potential of data for Confluence. We are responsible for building smart experiences end to end and also provide a platform for other Confluence teams. You'll be directly impacting the customer experience through the design and implementation of new features and functionalities in Confluence.
More about our team
You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience designing and building production-level frontend web applications.
- Experience with front-end architecture and data-driven development.
- Solid understanding of application performance, and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Experience in technically leading large features and/or changes in the product.
- Effectively mentor junior team members to help them unleash their full potential
- Enjoyment of sharing knowledge with teammates, and working collaboratively when you need help.
- Ability to slice and dice problems so they can be worked on by several people.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Know-how with regard to front-end tooling such as Webpack, Babel, ESlint, etc.
- Experience in maintaining build/transpiration infrastructure for large SPA applications
- Familiarity with node js
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and/or Microservices is preferred.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .