Senior Frontend Engineer
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a brand new Electron-based application from the ground up and develop it with reliability and observability in mind.
- Work with DevOps to get the Electron platform deployed to hundreds of kiosks around the country.
- Work on a cutting edge tech stack (Typescript, React, RabbitMQ, Node.js, Electron)
- Develop applications to be released into production mid week with a zero down time based deployment model
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Write automated Unit, Integration and End to End tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 90%.
Who You Are:
- You have at least 8+ years of software development experience
- Strong in object oriented modeling concepts, have developed multiple maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Experience with Unit, Integration, and End to End tests
- Experience in using strongly typed languages
- Experience with using React
- Typescript experience is a plus
- Electron experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Knowledge in Amazon's AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Team player who likes to take ownership and can multitask
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with the intention of flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills