Senior Frontend Engineer at Stoplight
Stoplight is expanding our engineering team with developers excited about working on a product meant for other developers. Our design-first platform is changing the way product and engineering teams build and collaborate on their microservice applications. Are you an experienced frontend software engineer looking for an opportunity to create a new, more efficient design workflow process for the world of API development?
As a remote-first company, we are open to applicants from anywhere in the US. We are not currently sponsoring employment visas.
- Design and build efficient, scalable, well tested, and easy-to-use User Experience to help developers design high quality APIs
- Use and contribute to cutting-edge open source technologies
- Drive consistent style, look & feel, and experiences that help improve our products
- Set goals and implement them
- Analyze and solve hands-on, deeply technical challenges
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience delivering responsive design User Interfaces which work across multiple devices
- Ability to work seamlessly on a software development team in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Strong attention to detail and keeping commitments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points For:
- Prior fast growth startup experience
- Prior team lead experience
- TypeScript and GraphQL
- Experience with collaborative API design process
- Open source software contributions
- Full stack development experience
Why Work at Stoplight:
Stoplight is passionate about APIs and our employees. We want work to be rewarding, both in professional development and in living a healthy and balanced life. Here are some of the benefits of working at Stoplight:
- Unique opportunity to build a software product for software developers
- Strong engagement in the open source community with our two offerings, Spectral and Prism
- Remote-first culture with a budget per employee for updating your home office
- Office hub located in Austin for local employees who want a place to work from as desired, with enforced COVID safety protocols
- Flexible vacation policy for paid time off, with 10 company holidays and unlimited sick time
- Parental leave of 12 weeks off for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for non-primary caregivers, including adoptive and foster parents, with 100% pay
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans for US-based employees with optional HSA that includes a $600 per year contribution from the company
- Wellness programs for health plan participants including access to services such as Ginger emotional support, Maven maternity care, Calm mental wellness, PlushCare virtual doctor visits, Vida virtual health coaching, and 25 ClassPass fitness credits per month
- 401k plan for US-based employees that includes 4% matching from the company
- Automatic enrollment in climate-positive program run by Ecologi with 100% of monthly contributions provided by company
- Regular company-wide virtual happy hours with team building activities such as cocktail-making class, team trivia competition, and more
- Employee-hosted lunch and learn sessions where we educate one another on topics related to our industry
Stoplight's design-first platform drives a collaborative API development experience. The fabric of the internet is changing with APIs. As companies increasingly rely on microservice application development, good design-first practices enabled through the Stoplight platform will minimize future costs, speed up time to market, and lead to more consistent and higher quality services. Stoplight also offers two open source tools and a visual editor. Prism is an open-source HTTP mock server for mimicking your API's behavior as if you have already built it. Spectral is an open source JSON/YAML linter for improving the quality in API descriptions, Kubernetes config, GitHub actions, or any other JSON/YAML data. Stoplight Studio is a powerful OpenAPI and JSON Visual Editor for designing and collaborating on APIs.
Stoplight was founded by Marc MacLeod in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, TX, with employees located across the globe. We live through the fullest potential of our three core values — be an owner, build together, and practice mindfulness. Stoplight is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Our company mantra is simple. Design first. Develop better.