Senior Full Stack Developer – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to build apps to power our fintech and proptech platform.
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale. Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations. Amherst employs a wide variety of tech to drive innovation in U.S. residential real estate. We are building RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Our tools and websites are built with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and .NET. We build native and React Native iOS and Android apps. Our BI and data teams are using Hadoop, Hive, and Presto to create the data sets that power the business. Most importantly, Amherst has a strong, developer-friendly culture. We are looking for developers who are scrappy and fast, who focus on solutions not problems, who understand that code is cost, and who aren’t afraid of a tough deadline. We want developers who have a high bar and love being part of a great team.
- Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand web development and its ecosystem.
- Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who brings solutions not problems to the table.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
- Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Accountable. You take ownership and have pride in your work.
- Ship high-quality React, React Native, .NET, and node applications
- Ship backend Restful APIs using our serverless microservices architecture
- Develop new features from design through implementation and launch
- Improve and maintain existing applications and services
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with design on the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Improve our code quality with unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the technology team
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- Experience with C# .NET Framework or Core
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience shipping rich apps using React, Angular, or similar framework
- Experience architecting and shipping backend RESTful APIs using Node.js, C#, or similar platform
- Familiar with front-end and back-end performance best practices
- A solid foundation in computer science including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with SQL and SQL databases
- Experience with common software development tools and processes
- Experience working with cloud platforms is a plus
- Experience with React Native, Android, or iOS development is a plus
- An eye for quality UI/UX is a plus.
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.