Senior Full Stack Engineer
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
Our team supports a diverse product offering and requires more talent as more partners and customers are onboarded. This is where your full stack developing skills come into play. Features, enhancements and support requests will only continue to grow, that’s why Smarter Sorting is looking for a talented Full Stack Engineer to own projects that are extremely visible to our customers. This person will learn our full tech stack from backend to frontend and comfortably be able to integrate themselves into our development workflow. To be successful in this role, our Senior Full Stack Engineer needs to be able to handle new feature requests, enhancements and to support our customers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Implementation of backend API and services
- Integration of UI/frontend with backend services
- Implementation of UI/frontend features
- Working in cloud architectures, RESTful APIs, web applications, back end technologies, and front end technologies
- Implementing new features for customer facing products as spec’d by the Product team
- Ongoing maintenance and bug fixes for customer facing products
- Handling engineering support requests from customers and internal employees
- Working on projects related to our product suite including our Retail, Mobile, and Truck Single Item Sorters and our Portal
Your Experience + Skills
- 5+ years of full stack development experience
- BS Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in web backend technologies and web frontend technologies
- Experience working in Ruby/Rails, PostgreSQL, queues, background workers
- Experience using Angular and Vue
- Experience with Cloud Architectures
- Experience in Docker/Kubernetes, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
Your first month
- Ramp up on all things Smarter Sorting
- Fully come up to speed on our tech stack
- Support customer applications with tweaks and bug fixes
Your first 3 months
- Own new feature implementations across Customer Facing Products
- Handle support requests across the entire Customer Facing Platform
Your first 6 months
- Provide direction and input on architecture of Customer Products for improvements, scaling and future growth
- Support all types of requests across entire Customer Platform (New Features, Enhancements, Bugs, Support)
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to advancing sustainability at every phase of the consumer product lifecycle. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, legally compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to minimize valuable product disposal and maximize sustainable alternatives such as donation, reuse, and recycling.
A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
Read Full Job Description