Senior Full-Stack Engineer at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
What's cool about this job.
As a consequence of our focus on the customer, we have been blessed with dramatic growth. This growth provides many opportunities at WP Engine to tackle hard problems at scale, to deliver new products that continue to make WP Engine the platform of choice for online agility. You will be an essential part of taking our platform to the next level both in scale and functionality.
We are searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing R&D team in Austin - join the Omnibus team. We are working on a next-gen billing platform to make it an effortless experience for our customers and also drive Operational Excellence for Finance, Sales and Marketing teams. This is an exciting and meaningful opportunity both from a technical and career opportunities perspective.
The day to day.
- Work as part of a scrum team, delivering working software rapidly and iterating
- Write, test, integrate, debug, and seek software applications that are resilient, robust, and perform at scale
- Write clean, maintainable code; improve test coverage and build deployment pipelines to safely and rapidly push code
- Be customer inspired and work closely with business partners to incrementally deliver positive outcomes through technology
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate and optimize
- Help set and communicate engineering standards and best practices
- Be a strong technical leader and advocate for other members of your scrum team
Your skills and expertise.
- 5+ years of Software engineering experience (in any language, Python/Golang preferred)
- 3+ years experience in any web development framework - Django, Ruby on Rails, Flask
- Experience with full stack software development, data modeling, designing REST API's and micro services development
- Familiarity with web UI frameworks - Angular, React
- Git/Github version control. CI/CD for testing and deploying.
- Knowledge and familiarity with any cloud technologies and services - GCP, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience integrating with 3rd party applications or ERP systems or familiarity with enterprise application integration patterns is a bonus
At WP Engine, we have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing ([email protected]).