Senior Full-Stack Engineer at Sysco LABS
About Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
About the Role
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer at SyscoLabs, you will ship new features and products for Sysco customers. Collaboration with product, design, and fellow team members will drive your success. You will have a passion for code quality and a solid understanding of best practices across the stack. This role requires excellence in designing and implementing high-performance and scalable software. This is an opportunity to start at the ground floor to develop the future of Sysco’s customer experience.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 6+ years of experience building large-scale, customer facing software applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Conceptual understanding and experience with database design, query optimization, indexing, and when ORMs are appropriate is a plus
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience writing unit tests, working with unit testing frameworks, mocking, and integration testing
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Strong CS fundamentals. Solid understanding of the “why” and not just the “how”.
- A passion for building consumer facing applications with elegant and clean interfaces
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- A kind and generous attitude towards customers and coworkers alike.
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.