Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
Adia is looking for an experienced Senior Full-Stack .NET Engineer who can work with our in-house Product and nearshore development teams on the Adia platform. You will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions to interesting problems, destroying impediments through ingenuity, and working with a world-class agile development team in pursuit of product excellence. During the current pandemic and its aftermath, your work will be even more important and impactful than ever, as we have more than doubled our user base during the recent weeks, and expect to continue growing throughout the upcoming years.
If you’re equally passionate about developing creative solutions to technical challenges, collaborating with forward-thinking team members, and helping businesses and workers alike, then this could be the role for you!
- Build new functionality and capabilities into the Adia platform with scalable and sustainable designs
- Adapt existing features within the platform as business needs change and the company continues to grow
- Participate in feature and user story grooming sessions and plan and task out work for each sprint
- Be an integral part of architecture and design meetings with the development team, contributing from your past experience and bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Perform peer code reviews with other team members to improve overall code quality, put a second set of eyes on platform functionality, think of additional edge cases, and mentor and learn from others
- Do investigative research and serve as a technical expert and point-of-contact for the Product team
- Provide daily updates in dev standup meetings on task/bug/user story progress and discuss any blockers
- Keep expectations realistic when estimating work complexity and timeline feasibility
- Pay close attention to detail and strive for above-and-beyond quality in everything you do
What you bring to the table:
- Educational background or equivalent experience in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of proven software engineering experience covering different layers of the tech stack
- Proven experience in C# and the .NET framework, including recent versions of .NET Core and common ORMs such as Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Expertise in building REST APIs, including dependency injection, SRP best practices, versioning, maintaining backwards compatibility, authentication and authorization
- Solid understanding of and experience with Angular and modern SPA best practices
- Development-related experience (not necessarily devops) in the Microsoft Azure cloud, preferably with: web services, Azure functions, event hubs, service buses, and using storage containers of various types
- Experience with developing mobile-friendly, responsive web apps
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications and event-driven architectures
- Experience with SQL Server and document databases
- Previous experience working in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment with changing requirements
- Experience collaborating and working from home/remotely with other team members
- A drive to innovate and push the boundaries of modern technology, frameworks and architecture
- Personal ownership of your work; if a bug is discovered in something you built, you feel a desire to jump on it and get it fixed!
Adia is the leading on-demand staffing platform. We give businesses a better way to find the people they need. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Launched in Switzerland back in October 2016, Adia launched in the US in early 2018. Today we help businesses and workers using our platform throughout the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.
[Note: Offers and start dates may be dependent upon the evolution of COVID-19.]
Adia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.