Halp is looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with a knack for solving problems and a passion for helping team members and customers. Our product and engineering team builds software that helps technical operations teams dramatically reduce ticket resolution time, increase user satisfaction, and amplify productivity. Every engineer at Halp touches all parts of our product lifecycle and has input into developing the future of our SaaS product suite.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will play an essential role in evolving Halp, making a large impact on our rapidly growing product. We seek out action-oriented individuals that aren't afraid to voice their opinion and value healthy debate as much as collaboration.
You will contribute to the core of Halp, surfacing intuitive experiences inside Slack and our web product to create and triage tickets that impact more than 100,000 employees at future-thinking companies like Slack, Pinterest, and GitHub.
As a product-driven company, our engineering team's main goal is continuously building empathy with our customers' core problems to better execute against our product strategy. You'll own projects end-to-end and will architect, code, test, and ship web technology. You'll also be involved in brainstorming, designing, and prototyping evolutions of the Halp product suite.
What You'll Do:
- Own code all the way through to production and verify it's solving the right problem for the customer.
- Ship well-tested, secure, reliable, and maintainable code within committed timelines that delights product users.
- Be a great agile team member. Ship fast, small increments to iterate quickly towards building working software that solves real problems.
- React to how our product is used in the wild, and help to fix bugs and production issues as they occur.
- Understand the reasoning behind key product and design decisions and contribute good solutions to implementation and architecture discussions.
- Support fellow engineers through peer code reviews and constructive discussions that concern architecture, data model, and feature implementation decisions.
- Take initiative to drive new projects, reduce complexity, and unblock others.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to influence product strategy and direction.
- Lead key initiatives to improve a product that our customers seriously love. Seriously. See what Josh Senick, Senior Manager, Business Technology Operations, Slack, had to say about Halp: "The second I saw it, I said where do I sign? How do we get this, because this is exactly what I want to do. This is the tool I've been wanting since my first day at Slack."
Who You Are:
- A results-oriented engineer who is comfortable with higher levels of ambiguity
- A proactive communicator with great follow-through
- Excited about learning from your coworkers and collaborating with people with diverse perspectives
- Willing to voice your opinion but okay with not always being right
- Trend towards focusing on the customer problem and treating technology as a means to an end
- At least 5 years of experience in an engineering role at a software company
- An extensive background in front-end engineering and API design and implementation
- Able to technically lead a product initiative from design to production
- Able to guide scaling a platform across distributed services
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with help desk or ticketing platforms
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .