Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Worksmith is transforming the way high end brands manage their in-person customer experience by revolutionizing the store experience (Store XM). Our software-enabled marketplace seamlessly connects retailers, restaurants, salons, etc. with local service providers across the US and Canada to create store environments that reflect their brand.
Worksmith’s software saves time, money and headaches: for clients, Worksmith provides the peace of mind of knowing any emergency or recurring maintenance need is being handled efficiently and effectively by the Worksmith network.
For service providers, Worksmith is an easy-to-use, pay-for-performance marketing vehicle that provides job opportunities without the hassle of sales and marketing, billing or collections. Our platform provides the means for local service providers to dramatically grow their business: the top-performing service provider made over $160,000 through Worksmith in 2018.
We work hard and play hard.
The market opportunity for facility management is $50B and we’re disrupting it. From years of experience working with technology startups and enterprise operations managers, we knew there was a better way to find, hire, and manage service providers with smart technology, and we set out to build it.
Since starting in 2015, we have enjoyed extraordinary growth in sales and have signed marquee customers including J.Crew, Bonobos, Rent The Runway, Tory Burch, Rag & Bone, Nespresso and Christian Louboutin. We provide our service to nearly 2,000 brick and mortar locations across the US and Canada. And our network of local service providers is +4,000 strong and growing.
We’ve accomplished all of this and had fun doing it - we promote the phenomenal Austin lifestyle and enjoy team lunches with Franklin BBQ, foodie tours of East Austin, and ACL Festival.
We’re team players.
Worksmith is a team environment - We cannot build this company without each and every team member, and we’re looking for people who jump at the chance to get in the game.
We rise to the occasion.
We’ve come a long way, and we have a lot to do. We’re looking for those ready to lead by example: early risers willing to come in early when needed, night owls willing to stay late, and masters of efficiency who find ways to do more, better, faster, and more creatively.
If you’re ready and willing to roll up your sleeves, now is the time to join us! We’ve called the plays, set our sights on company-wide goals, and are determined to achieve them. This is an exciting opportunity to grow the company and your career along with it.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Worksmith will provide you the opportunity to develop the necessary skillset to become a senior executive in the technology industry.
Not only will you will be given the opportunity to hone your engineering skills across our entire technology stack - from our React Native mobile app, to our Spring powered API, to our DevOps setup in AWS - but you will be given the opportunity to learn about business, entrepreneurship, and leadership - how effectively communicate between departments, how to think about analyzing cost vs. value of a new project or initiative, how to set deadlines and deliver. We believe strongly that this well-rounded skillset is a requirement for all leaders in the technology space, and we believe that Worksmith offers the unique opportunity to grow these skills - quickly.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Architecting solutions for new features, from our front end systems, through our API, to our database.
- Participating in grooming sessions to ensure that the scope of work for each feature is accurate.
- Contributing to the tech debt backlog and owning the prioritization and roadmap associated with it.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Having a good understanding of not only our technology stack, but of the business itself.
- And most importantly, delivering the mail - making sure that your features are delivered on time.
Some examples of recent technical projects that our senior engineers have completed include:
- Set up our CI process with Jenkins
- Led the efforts to build our new React Native mobile app from scratch
- Architected a solution to more consistently and predictably send system notifications
- Load balanced our API through AWS
We look for these qualities in our candidates:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, TX
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience with Spring, AWS, and/or React is a plus, but not required