Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Expedia Group
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer to join the User Management team within the Identity Services Engineering team supporting our efforts to design and develop micro services as part of migration initiative. Help build new login, authentication and authorization products that involves frontend and backend implementation. In this role, you will help us designing new services, involve in scalability, security, reliability decisions. You will help us build social logins. You will lead junior engineers, work with them and help them grow. Come up with new ideas to continue building trusted marketplace. Your work will lead to a direct impact on growing revenue for Vrbo.What You’ll Do:
In this position you will be responsible for designing new services, involve in scalability, security, reliability decisions around authentication/login products. You will gain knowledge and showcase the expertise on our tech stack as well domain. Will take active participation in any technical discussion. You will be hands on the source code. Lead your junior engineers, work with them and help them grow. As a highly competent engineer, you will develop fast, scalable, highly available and reliable micro-services that will process thousands of requests per second. Having access to real-time data, you will understand customers’ needs before they do. Additionally, you will be developing features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops in the cloud. Other responsibilities will include ownership of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed micro services environment
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry standard methodologies
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
- Being part of an influential team to solve complex data driven optimization techniques for 3.5 billion visitors a year
- Use real-time data to understand customers’ needs before they do
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based off user behavior and data
- Make bold decisions with your team to influence a new industry
As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.Who You Are:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience (Java preferred).
- Mentor junior engineers.
- A good foundation of Agile principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well multi-functionally across multiple departments.
- An analytical problem solver that is passionate about delivering high-quality user experience.
- AWS, Docker, Dropwizard, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, NoSQL, Java8+, Nodejs, HTMl5, CSS, OAuth, Git, Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog, and many more.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Casual dress.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.