Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, Worksmith will provide you the opportunity to develop the necessary skillset to become a senior executive in the technology industry.
Not only will you will be given the opportunity to hone your engineering skills across our entire technology stack - from our React Native mobile app, to our Spring powered API, to our DevOps setup in AWS - but you will be given the opportunity to learn about business, entrepreneurship, and leadership - how effectively communicate between departments, how to think about analyzing cost vs. value of a new project or initiative, how to set deadlines and deliver. We believe strongly that this well-rounded skillset is a requirement for all leaders in the technology space, and we believe that Worksmith offers the unique opportunity to grow these skills - quickly.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Architecting solutions for new features, from our front end systems, through our API, to our database.
- Participating in grooming sessions to ensure that the scope of work for each feature is accurate.
- Contributing to the tech debt backlog and owning the prioritization and roadmap associated with it.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Having a good understanding of not only our technology stack, but of the business itself.
- And most importantly, delivering the mail - making sure that your features are delivered on time.
Some examples of recent technical projects that our senior engineers have completed include:
- Set up our CI process with Jenkins
- Led the efforts to build our new React Native mobile app from scratch
- Architected a solution to more consistently and predictably send system notifications
- Load balanced our API through AWS
We look for these qualities in our candidates:
- A willingness to learn
- A positive and hard-working attitude
- Patience and tenacity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Based in Austin, TX
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience with Spring, AWS, and/or React is a plus, but not required