Senior Graphics Engineer, Lightweight XR at Unity Technologies
Developing the Unity platform means designing, building, testing, and maintaining new features and products that enable artists, modellers and developers to create rich and interactive content. We are driving the future of how content is created and experienced.
At Unity, we are passionate about the new creative avenues that AR and VR bring to our developers. We are investing heavily in these areas in order to make our users successful on whatever their chosen platform is. By joining the XR Runtimes team, you will contribute to the development of next-generation AR technologies that go beyond what is possible with AR today. You will be directly involved with both forward-looking internal development and with partners in order to shape this exciting new space.
While working in a collaborative group environment, you will be provided opportunities to help learn and continue growth in programming and interaction design. As a graphics engineer, you will also have an opportunity to influence the evolution of graphics hardware and APIs in the XR space. If you are passionate about the XR space and want to help achieve its full potential, Unity should be the next stop in your career!
What you’ll be doing
- Working individually or within a small group to design and develop graphics technologies used in next generation XR runtimes and tooling
- Collaborating with other graphics engineers within the company on shared graphics platforms
- Working with DOTS, unity’s Data Oriented Technology Stack to deliver high performance accessible features
- Working with partners to improve graphics platforms and APIs
- Writing automated tests around new or existing functionality; partnering closely with embedded QA to establish standard methodologies, investigation of issues, and quality of code written
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a 3D graphics engineer on real-time applications
- Advanced C/C++ skills, C# development experience
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (Vulkan/DX12/Metal)
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders
- Passion for performance, code analysis, and debugging tools
- Performance-minded development and cross platform development experience
You might also have
- Experience with existing AR/VR technologies, such as ARCore, ARKit, OpenXR, Oculus, Windows Mixed Reality, Magic Leap, etc.
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tool
- Embedded or mobile systems experience (Android or iOS)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.