Senior iOS Engineer
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
And our Mobile Traveler Apps team? Well, they create amazing apps that allow our travelers to seamlessly plan, book and enjoy one of a kind vacation experiences practically anywhere around the Globe.
About your opportunity:
As an iOS engineer of the Traveler team, you’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring our Traveler app continues to be a best-in-class offering (4.8 star average rating with ~155k reviews). You will ensure the app performs well, each code change leaves the codebase maintainable, the visual design is meticulously up to spec and that you use all available iOS capabilities at your disposal for a truly native experience.
Successful contributors on the iOS Traveler team exhibit more than just exceptional technical prowess; they demonstrate uncanny product intuition and the ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and empathetically.
You will love this role if you’re looking for an environment:
- That challenges you to think deeply about software architecture
- That encourages you to invest time into your craft and self-improvement, including time for reading books and attending conferences
- Where the best tool for the job is the right one
- Where UX design isn’t an afterthought
- Where smart risk-taking is encouraged
- Where processes exist only to help the team progress
- Where you have a tangible opportunity to impact people's lives in a positive way
- Where diversity is valued, empathy is offered and individuals’ unique needs are treated with utmost respect
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience developing for iOS
- Experience shipping large scale iOS apps
- Experience writing tests and testable code
- Ability to collaborate and drive results cross-team, in a complex working environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional Agile team
Technologies we use: Xcode, Swift, git and GitHub, XCTest and XCUI Testing, GraphQL, Jenkins, TestFlight, Firebase, Fabric, Zeplin, EarlGrey
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.