Senior IT Systems Engineer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce named a” 2021Best Place to Work" in Austin, “Best and Brightest” place to work in Austin, Texas is looking for a full-time Senior IT Systems Engineer who wants to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative problem solvers, entrepreneurs, and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
You will work closely with the cybersecurity team to grow the culture of corporate security at BigCommerce and help shape policies and procedures around corporate security. Additionally, since the team is new, you’ll be able to implement solutions with standard methodologies from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to advanced information security incidents, providing immediate technical expertise in mitigating system and network vulnerabilities
- Setup an automated vulnerability and remediation program
- Participate in now fault security incidents and RCAs
- Own the EDR and MDR endpoint system
- Lead the MDM solution to secure employee mobile devices
- Design and implement security systems such as PIM/PAM and zero trust.
- Configure integrations with our SIEM to store all logging in a centralized location with dashboards and pre-built reports
- Handle a CASB/Endpoint Network Protection solution
- Implement and handle a DLP solution for our key SaaS vendors
- Work closely with Cybersecurity and Engineering to design and implement security standard methodologies
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in IT security administration required
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE, SW, CE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of systems administration experience or network administration
- Familiarity with security standard methodologies for Okta, Google Workspace, and Office 365 required
- Experience with ISO, SOX, NIST, and other security standards and frameworks
- Familiarity with security standard methodologies for GCP and AWS require
- Experience with Sentinel One preferred
- Experience with DLP and zero trust solutions
- The ability to explain security issues to systems engineers and partners
- Strong communicator with the utmost integrity and clarity
- Experience working on global teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.